In this issue
OAHU Newsletter October 2020
OAHU Chapter Newsletter
As we move into the busiest time of our year, I wanted to take a moment and thank our membership for such a great year so far. Despite the many challenges that we have faced in 2020, our membership has grown. That is in thanks to many of you that continue to talk about the benefits that NAHU brings to you in your business. After many months of doing everything virtually, we had a great turnout for the annual golf tournament. It was awesome to see so many familiar faces after working remotely for so long. Sadly we had to move our annual state conference to a virtual format this year but none the less it was well attended and very informative. Thank you all for continuing to work so hard for your clients and our industry. The Omaha board is working hard to make sure we are bringing you good programming and in-person events as it we can. We are always looking for input and help from everyone if you are interested in doing so.
The annual NAHU Omaha golf outing was a big success again this year! Our chapter was able to donate a check to Food Bank of the Heartland in the amount of $1,725.
Calendar of Events
- Join us for the state sponsored CE event coming up on October 14th from 1-4pm. This is a virtual event this year. Use the following link to register: https://neahu.org/meetinginfo.php?id=131&ts=1600212814
- Be on the look out for information on registering for our insurance ethics webinar that will be held on November 20th. The event will help support Wounded Warriors Family Support – info at https://www.wwfs.org/
Save the Date
- February: Annual bowling event at The Mark. Details coming soon!
- March 31st: Annual awards breakfast and CE Event. The event will be supporting the Skoba Thurber Foundation. https://sko.com/website
NAHU has created resources for NAHU members to use to promote themselves and their business. By using these resources, NAHU members will distinguish themselves as leaders in their industry among clients and colleagues. Please visit: http://nahu.org/resources/promote-yourself
Welcome to Our Newest Members Welcome — or in some cases, welcome back — to the following:
- Brent Ehlers- Premier Companies Inc.
- Brandi Hake- Premier Companies Inc.
- Scott Hill- Health Markets
- Kevin Krull- Krull Agency
- Tonya LeGrande-Labenze- Tonya LeGrand & Associates, LLC
- Laura Rogge- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of NE
- Larry Sibley- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of NE
Is your agency a good candidate for an agency membership? For more information please visit: http://nahu.org/membership/agency-membership
The structure of our healthcare system is a top campaign issue in our upcoming presidential election. As a bipartisan association, it is our priority to provide you with information, tools and resources to keep you informed and competitive. Until November 3, take advantage of 20% off the Single-Payer Healthcare Certification with the codd TOGETHER.
For more information, please visit http://nahu.org/professional-development/courses/single-payer
HUPAC and NAHU are constantly fighting to protect our industry so
agents, brokers, and benefit specialists can continue offering their clients
access to health insurance that meets their needs. These are just some
of the recent successes NAHU and HUPAC have had in the legislative
arena. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
- $197 billion saved with the repeal of the Cadillac Tax
- $150 billion saved with the repeal of the Health Insurance Tax
- $260 billion saved by maintaining the employer exclusion on health insurance benefits.
- 19 million seniors who now have a choice to switch plans during open enrollment.
- 3.4 million employees and families who benefit from allowing states to define their small group market.
- 100,000 agents and brokers who benefited from the medical loss ratio being negotiated from 90/10 to 80/20